The health and safety of our guests, staff and island residents remain our highest priority. We are closely following local and state guidelines. The city of Sanibel has issued an emergency proclamation as follows:
Mandatory FACE MASK REQUIREMENT is currently in effect until further notice – all over the age of six must wear a mask in ALL indoor spaces such as hotel and restaurant lobbies. Masks are also required in outdoor areas, UNLESS social distancing of 6′ is observed. Beach, bike/walk paths and outdoor physical recreation areas are excluded.
Please note, The Inns of Sanibel will be performing temporal temperature checks to all guests during the check-in process.
The Inns of Sanibel are proud to join @AHLA’s #SafeStay initiative by enhancing hotel cleaning practices and workplace protocols to help guests and employees feel confident during post-pandemic travel visit: https://www.ahla.com/
- Face masks: are mandatory for all over the age of six in public spaces.
- Physical Distancing: guests are advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from people not traveling with them while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property.
- Beach and pool chairs, bar and restaurant seating, and other physical layouts have been modified to protect our guests and our staff which may result in limited capacity and/or longer waits during busier times.
- Check-in: the check in process has been modified to eliminate unnecessary contact. When possible, reservations will be assigned to create space between occupied rooms to minimize guest and staff interaction in walkways.
- Housekeeping: staff will not work in a room with guests present and will follow strict Stay Safe guidelines. Enhanced cleaning in guest rooms and public areas. We have implemented industry best practices in our cleaning procedures while reducing the harsh chemical footprint. We are frequently cleaning all high-touch items in public areas and recreation equipment, reducing decorative bedding items, using disposable cups and cutlery, offering alternatives to full cleanings during your stay, keeping rooms vacant for an extended period prior to guest arrival whenever possible, and allowing extra cleaning time, in addition to other processes.
- Occupancy: For your health and safety, we’re controlling occupancy to minimize guest interaction and ensure thorough guestroom cleaning, so you can enjoy paradise safely.
- Breakfast: To ensure the highest level guest safety, breakfast baskets and buffet service, provided complimentary at Seaside Inn, Song of the Sea and Sunset Beach only, will be delivered to your room in alignment with CDC guidelines.
- Restaurants: Employees in dining areas will wear face masks for your safety and be screened with temporal thermometers prior to each shift. Dining outlets will comply with all federal and state requirements.
- Temperature Checks: our staff will have their temperatures taken daily and our staff will take the temperatures of all arriving guests using a temporal thermometer as an additional precautionary measure.
- Face Masks/Gloves: staff will wear face masks for your safety. We ask guests to wear a mask while in public to protect other guests and our staff. Staff will wear gloves when appropriate.
- Well-being: staff are reminded to stay home if they feel ill, report co-workers or guests who appear ill to management, wash their hands frequently, not touch their faces and to practice physical distancing. All resort departments/outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Hand Sanitizer: dispensers will be located at key guest and employee entrances and contact areas.
- Signage: Health and hygiene reminders throughout the property including the importance of physical distancing, the proper way to wash hands, sneeze, avoid touching one’s face, and wear, handle and dispose of masks. “Back of the House” employee signage is posted throughout the property reminding employees of the proper way to wear, handle and dispose of masks, use gloves (in positions deemed appropriate by medical experts), wash hands, sneeze and to avoid touching one’s face. The AHLA’s SafeStay summary is also posted in all back of the house areas.
- Employee Training: All employees have received training on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols and signed off on their understanding and compliance, with more comprehensive training for our teams with frequent guest contact including Guest Services, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, and Public Areas/Custodial. All employees have also been trained and officially certified by AHLA’s SafeStay program to further ensure their knowledge and compliance with the latest safety protocols.
We will continue to work closely with local government officials and monitor COVID-19 statements issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and federal and state governments to ensure the safety of all. For the most recent updates on our city, please visit mysanibel.com.
The Inns of Sanibel have modified our cancellation policy and are allowing reservations of guests to transfer deposits and prepayments to a future date, hold funds until such time when future travel plans to Sanibel Island can be made, within the calendar year, or cancel without penalty – this applies to arrivals prior to December 17, 2020. To ensure cancellation fees are waived, guests must contact The Inns of Sanibel at least 24 hours prior to their stay. Guests arriving after December 17, 2020 may cancel within 72 hours of arrival without penalty by contacting The Inns of Sanibel directly. For future reservations, please call 866-717-2323 or book online at theinnsofsanibel.com
We continue to keep all those impacted by the coronavirus in our thoughts and prayers and look forward to seeing you in our corner of paradise soon.
The Inns of Sanibel